1999.02.09 Meeting Notes
As Silver Dragon was a bit cramped for the last meeting, we held this one
at Steve's Pizza. We filled the back room pretty well. Afterwards, a
few of us headed over to Espresso Roma.
- LUGoD has now been registered as a special interest group with the
City of Davis.
- www.lugod.org has been registered with InterNIC, thanks to
- A rough draft of the LUGoD Constition was distributed. It should
be discussed in more detail at the next meeting.
- Becoming a Church of Linux was briefly entertained, as it would be
amusing. It was quickly brought down due to possible religious
problems. It could also convey the wrong image to people.
- Funding - how can we get it, and what would we need it for
- Possible Sources
- Membership dues? The idea hasn't been shot down yet.
- Become registered with ASUCD. What restrictions would
- Possible Uses
- Room rental for future meetings
- GLUE (Groups of Linux Users Everywhere) registration
- Printing costs for pamphlets or flyers
- Public booth, perhaps at the MU or Farmer's Market to
hand out flyers or copies of Linux on CD
- Some kind of overhead or projector for demonstrations
- $2 was collected from people present to help pay for rental
of a room for the next meeting.
- Bank account possibilities were discussed. To be determined
by the Treasurer, after more information on non-profit organizational
status is determined.
- Perhaps a fictitious name would be useful.
- Local bank would be appropriate
- OCA Gossip
- It's been suggested by the OCA that we merge together.
Discussion on this is postponed until we have more information on
what would be involved in "merging".
- We decided that there should be a liason to discuss
this with the OCA, to get more information for the next meeting.
Marianne volunteered, as no one else seemed too eager.
- LUGoD Officers were voted in
- "root" or Chairperson: Pete Salzman
- "sys" or Vice Chairperson: Bill Kendrick
- "/dev/null" or Treasurer: Zach Johnson
- "typescript" or Secretary: Melissa Hardenbrook
- Webmistress: Marianne "Yamara" Waage
- E-mail can be sent to the email@example.com.
ie. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- A 2 hour time limit on the formal meetings was imposed, to allow
people to schedule more easily. Informal gathering afterwards is, of
course, acceptable and encouraged.
- Suggestions of a 20 or 40 minute presentation to be held
somewhat regularly during the meetings was recommended. Volunteers for
presentations are welcome, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing list names were discussed.
- email@example.com to be sent to all members
- firstname.lastname@example.org to be mediated by sys, and articles of
interest filtered to vox. This would be used for advertisements
- Zach Johnson
- Remington Stone
- Jennifer Rutherford
- Marianne Waage
- Greg Young
- Bill Kendrick
- Nicole Carlson
- Jessica Luedtke
- Melissa Hardenbrook
- Brennen Reynolds
- Pete Salzman
- Steve Wormley
- Joe Arruda
- Leng Siakkhasone
- Ajay Tallam