What We've Received
LUGOD is a non-profit, community-base organization. Consequently we depend on donations of things, money, and especially time.
A list of all monetary donations can be seen on our ledger. Everyone who has donated their time to
presenting at our meetings can be seen on our past
meetings page. Also see our LUGODers of the
Quarter, members who have given particularly distinguished service to
LUGOD. Businesses that have sponsored LUGOD are listed on our sponsors page.
Our apologies to donors whose names we have inadvertantly omitted.
Donations that stand out include:
- Mother.com (Steve Wormley), 7.Feb.1999--Nov.2001
LUGOD.ORG domain name, web space, e-mail aliases, and e-mail lists.
- Sunset Systems (Rod Roark), Nov.2001
New space for LUGOD.ORG website, e-mail aliases, and mailing lists.
- VA Linux Systems (Chris DiBona), 18.May.1999
Cash donation for PO Box purchase.
- Z-World (Joel Baumert, Jim Riffell), Jan.2000--Aug.2002
Donation of their conference room, projector, network, and computer bits
for meetings and the presentations made during those meetings.
- VA Linux Systems (Joe Arruda), Jun.2000
Donation of a Pentium II PC for use at our Linux demos and
Installfests. Also many books for the library.
- Z-World (Jim Riffell), 1.Aug.2000
Donation of a network hub for use at Installfests.
- New Riders / Coriolis / NerdBooks.com / O'Reilly, Oct.2000
Book donations to the Yolo County Library on behalf of LUGOD.
- Z-World (Jim Riffel), 20.Nov.2000
Donation of a Palm V for use as a door prize.
- VA Linux, December 2000
Donated prizes to raffle at our meeting.
- CCN Magazine (John Marcotte), Summer 2001
Donated a number of books to our Library.
- Borland, June 2001
Donated a copy of "Kylix" to raffle at our meeting.
- Takashi Ishihara, September 2001
Donated various Linux games for us to raffle.
- theKompany.com, March 2002
Donated a copy of Kivio to raffle at our meeting.
- Verbus Counts, April 2002
Donated some books to raffle at our meeting.
- VMWare, May 2002
Donated a VMWare license to LUGOD for use on our Demo machine, as well
as various books to raffle.
- O'Reilly & Assoc., June 2002
Donated copies of our guest speaker's book to raffle at the meeting.
- O'Reilly & Assoc., July 2002
Donated books and t-shirts to raffle at the meeting.
- Z-World, August 2002
Donated a computer to LUGOD!
- IBM (Doug Naschke), August 2002 thru October 2003
Lending us an LCD projector for some meetings.
- O'Reilly & Assoc., September 2002
Donated a free pass to their Mac OS X conference to raffle at our meeting.
- Parallax, November 2002
Brought a set of BASIC Stamp units to raffle at our meeting.
- O'Reilly & Assoc., December 2002
Donated various books to raffle.
- Sun Microsystems, May 2003
Donated a collection of OpenOffice.org CDROMs to give out at GTC.
- GTC, May 2003
Donated exhibitor booth space at their GTC 2003 West Conference
- IBM (Karen Lee), June 2003
Paid for a portion of our power costs at the GTC conference in May.
- Davis Motor Sports / Tim Riley, July 2003
Tim helped install Linux for DMS. Each donated $200 to LUGOD in return!
- O'Reilly & Assoc., July 2003
Donated more books to raffle and add to our library.
- nerdbooks.com, July 2003
Donated books to raffle.
- ISSA Sacramento, November 2003
Donated exhibitor booth space at their InfoSeCon 2003 Confererence
- SlimDevices, Inc., November 2003
Donated a SLIMP3 to raffle when they came to speak.
- Tim Riley, November 2003
Tim donated an additional $200 towards our projector!
- Maxim Group (Steve Nguyen)
Sandwiches for some of our meetings.
- Foo Lim, 20.Nov.2000
Laser pointer for presentations.
- VA Linux
Lots of swag!
- TurboLinux, SuSE, Enhydra, Mandrake
- Red Hat
Lots of swag.
- Taos Mountain
Pizza for some Installfests.
- Christine Scobee
Healthy snacks for many of our meetings.
- Arizona Cooperative Power, Hitachi and O'Reilly
Giving away many, many books, and buying 12 pizzas for one of our meetings.
- NerdBooks.com, Roseville
For occasional book discounts and a lot of discounts for members.
- O'Reilly and Associates
Press, free copies of books for give-aways and our library, and lots of
flyers and give-aways to give out at various meetings.