Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD at the Government Technology Conference"
LUGOD at the Government Technology Conference
What Is It?
The Government Technology
Conference, held in Sacramento, is "the nation's largest and most
respected technology conference for state and local government."
The kinds of people who attend GTC include:
Agency Executives, Chief Administrative Officers, Chief Information
Officers, City Managers, Computer Operations Managers, Contracts Managers,
County Administrators, Data Processing Managers, Department Directors,
Deputy Directors, Elected Officials, Finance Officers, IT Directors,
MIS Directors, Procurement Officials, Program Managers, Programmers,
Project Managers, Senior Program Analysts, Telecommunications Managers,
and Web Managers.
LUGOD acquired booth space at the 2003 and 2004 GTC events, as well.
Learn about our booth in 2004, and
check out the photos from our 2003
LUGOD at GTC West 2007
LUGOD is hoping to attend this year's event,
2007, which takes place the week of May 14th.
Expo Floor hours are:
If needed (see below), booth set-up would occur Tuesday.
Break-down would take place immediately after the event, on
- Wednesday, May 16th - 10:30am - 4:00pm
- Thursday, May 17th - 10:30am - 4:00pm
- Friday, May 18th - 9:30am - 1:00pm
This year, Bart Battaglia (Director of Technical Resources of
Stanfield Systems Inc. in Folsom) is organizing a
"Professional Organizations of Sacramento" presence at the event,
which LUGOD has been invited to take part in. Once specifics are known,
they will be posted to LUGOD's event coordination list,
vox-outreach, and eventually
updates will appear here.
Where Is It?
GTC is held at:
1400 J Street
From Davis, and points west, take I-80 east towards Sacramento.
Continue on Business-80 towards downtown. Then take I-5 north, and
exit at J Street. The Convention Center is on the right, at
14th & J.
GTC West 2007 Floor Plan
- To talk to people about Linux, and get the word out about the local
Linux user community and user groups
- To hand out pamphlets containing information about LUGOD, Linux and
- To hand out CDs containing useful software:
A popular Linux CD that also acts as a 'Live CD'.
(Available for free from Canonical's
A no-commitment, bootable 'Live CD' of Linux.
- TheOpenCD and
Collections of popular Open Source software, but compiled for
- GTC and WEF planning at
April 16th LUGOD meeting
- Coordination Meeting with Professional Organizations of Sacramento
to discuss booth set-up and final check lists;
scheduling of staffing the booth.
(See Bart Battaglia's
to vox-outreach and
Thursday, April 19, 5pm-7pm
Celestin's Caribbean Restaurant
1815 K St (Cross Street: 18th Street)
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Provide a sixty (60) word profile for the Conference Guide
(due to GTC by April 6th). Send to Barrt at Prof. Orgs. of Sac.
by April 4th.
- Review GTC Exhibitor Instructions. Provide feedback to Bart
by April 4th.
- Review GTC Product Locator. Provide feedback to Bart
by April 6th.
- GTC Exhibitor Personnel Registration -- volunteers who wish to staff
the booth must visit the following page to obtain a badge.
Please review by April 4th.
GTC Exhibitor Personnel Registration page
- For speaking opportunities, reivew the Speaker Application
by April 9th
- Furniture and Carpet Order for services is due April 23rd;
General and Electrical Order for services is due May 7th
- Provide all contact information, logos, registration links, meetings for 2007 and other information for submission to the
SacramentoITevents.net website (which will be displayed at the booth).
Due May 1st
- Professional Organization profile on standard template
(logo, abstract, contact info) is due April 27th.
- ...for more, see Bart Battaglia's
|Position:||Organization / Volunteer|
|Position:||Coordination Help / Website Updates / Announcements|
|Coming From:||Mountain View|
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2007 Apr 16 12:49