Brief and Incomplete History of Sharp PDAs
- 1989 - Sharp Introduces the "Wizard" electronic organizer
- 1993 - Sharp creates the "Zaurus" PDA in Japan. (Interestingly,
it lacked both a keyboard and handwriting recognition!)
- 1994 - Modem and cellphone-modem capable Zaurii released.
- 1995 - Sharp releases the Zaurus K-PDA ("K" for keyboard) in the
- 1996 - Sharp begins color TFT-LCD models (MI series)
- 1997 - Digital camera unit created.
- 2001 - Zaurus relaunched. Sliding keyboard and portrait screen
- 2002 - Linux/Java-based Zaurus to be released in US.