Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2003.12.15 Meeting Notes"
2003.12.15 Meeting Notes
- VMWare has been purchased by EMC
- Apple in Sacramento is hiring
- Bob Ulius demonstrated an entertainment system remote control called
"Harmony" that is designed around tasks, rather than components
- Out of 24 people in attendance, 15 came from outside of Davis!!!
- RoseLUG meets on December 29th for a social gathering.
- January 6th LUGOD meeting with be on MySQL database programming basics.
- RoseLUG's January meeting will be on the PostgreSQL database.
- Demo - The Demo at the Davis Food Co-Op on January 17th is
- Installfests - Seth Nagao and Jonathan Stickel have taken over
as Installfest coordinators. The last IF of 2003, and Rusty Minden's
last IF as coordinator, will be on Sunday, December 21st.
- LERT - No news.
- Library - No news.
- LUGOD Anniversary - Ryan Castellucci has suggested we meet
at a restaurant for our 5th anniversary meeting (January 19th).
Ding How chinese restaurant has been suggested. Bill will look into it.
- Financial Report - $15.59 in voluntary dues were
- Jason Howard and Ramona Howard of SpectSoft LLC discussed high definition
video under Linux, and demonstrated their RaveHD software.
- Bill Kendrick
- Mike Simons
- Mark K. Kim
- Stephen Matthew Helms
- Chris Jenks
- Marc Hasbrouck
- Jeff DeFay
- Jim Howard
- Jason Howard
- Ramona Howard
- Richard Harke
- Ryan Castellucci
- Bob Ulius
- Lee Welter
- Ken Herron
- Herb Marsten
- Jeff Newmiller
- Dmitriy Ivanov
- Emily Stumpf
- Doug Barbieri
- ...and one other
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2003 Dec 31 20:26