Our club's name is "the Linux Users' Group of Davis" or "LUGOD" for short.
Our purposes are:
These purposes are to be conducted within the meaning of California Revenue and Taxation Code (R&TC) Section 23701g.
- To promote the GNU/Linux operating system, Free Software, Open Source, and open standards, in Yolo County and, in particular, the city of Davis.
- To provide a social setting in which Linux-using Yolo county residents can meet each other to share ideas, technical know-how and friendship.
- To provide a support network for residents of Davis, Yolo, and UCD in use and maintenance of Linux and UNIX operating systems.
- To contribute to the free software community at large.
Everyone can attend LUGOD meetings and serve as officers of LUGOD, unconditionally. We don't discriminate or exclude people from membership or officership for any reason whatsoever. There are no exceptions to this rule. In accordance to California state law, we don't haze. A member is anyone who has an interest in the club's objectives and who attends meetings and/or participates in the group.
Section 1: Constitution Location
The official constitution's location is http://www.lugod.org/objectives/constitution.html.Section 2: Constitutional Amendment
Anyone can bring up a constitutional amendment at a general meeting. In the absence of objection to voting, a vote will take place immediately. Otherwise voting will take place at the next meeting. A two-thirds majority will pass the amendment. The secretary will conduct the vote.
Anyone can bring up a motion to dissolve the group at a group meeting. A vote will be taken at the next meeting and must pass by a two thirds majority of people attending the meeting, plus a majority vote of all present officers. All remaining privately obtained funds and equipment will be donated to The Linux Project, under the supervision of the remaining board members at the time of dissolution. If this organization no longer exists or can't accept the donation, privately obtained funds shall be donated to the Free Software Foundation.
- The organization does not contemplate pecuniary gain or profit to the members thereof and is organized for nonprofit purposes.
- Notwithstanding any of the above statements of purposes and powers, this organization shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the specific purpose of this organization.
Last updated - September 23, 2010