Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2011.04.18 Meeting Notes"
2011.04.18 Meeting Notes
Yolo County Public Library, Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch
- Installfests —
None scheduled, but likely in the coming months, probably at N Street
- Hands-On Demo —
- News —
- Announcement of upcoming events:
- May's LUGOD will be a talk on Django.
- Becoming a UC Davis "Campus Affiliate Group" —
- Davis Community Network (DCN) Resource Allocation Committee) —
Bill mentioned that LUGOD can apply for resources from DCN. This includes
things we don't need, like web space and mailing lists, but also includes
our own group calendar as part of DCN's community calendar. In the interest
of time, no discussion was held.
- Financial Report —
$65.00 in donations were received.
- Wes Hardaker discussed MythTV, an open source DVR (digital video recorder)
system, and demonstrated its TV/remote-control and web-based interfaces.
- Presentation slides
- Andrew Roach
- Bill Kendrick
- William Kendrick
- Wes Hardaker
- Randy Bradshaw
- Ulia Sonderman
- Morley Hardaker
- Richard Harke
- Gilbert Covell
- Mark Pollock
- Kim Pruitt
- Harry Souders
- Chris Horstig
- ... and 6 others
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2011 Apr 26 11:35