Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2010.01.18 Meeting Notes"
2010.01.18 Meeting Notes
Veterans' Memorial Center
- Installfests —
Still looking for a venue. Always looking for volunteers.
- LERT —
No recent activity.
- Library —
Nick Schmalenberger grabbed the LUGOD Lending Library from Henry House
and delivered them to Bill Kendrick, who extracted the titles that
CSU Bakersfield's CS Department hoped to get. The remainder
[ed: 3/5th, actually; a few boxes were forgotten!] were brought
to tonight's meeting. A Solano Community College student grabbed
some from that collection for their CS Department library,
and the rest were placed out as freebies for meeting attendees.
- News —
- Financial Report —
$196.76 in voluntary dues were collected tonight.
An anonymous $100 donation towards food for tonight's meeting
is on its way, as well.
- Becoming a UC Davis "Campus Affiliate Group" —
Alex Mandel still needs to fill out the paperwork.
- Explorit membership —
- Anniversary celebration —
This meeting marked our 11th anniversary. We served free food,
held a raffle, and had lots of give-aways.
- LUGOD bought (with help from an offer of a $100 donation prior
to the meeting) 8 pizzas from Village Bakery, as well as drinks,
ice, veggies and dip, chips and serving-ware.
- Gabriella Engelhard of Vevey Confections donated a cake.
- Unexpected snacks were brought by Nick Schmalenberger
(home-made apple dessert) and Steve Inness (cracker, cheese and meat plates).
- Mike Simons and Daphne Pareas picked up the pizza and snacks,
and helped prepare them prior to the meeting.
- O'Reilly Media donated books for the raffle.
- Liferay donated some t-shirts and polo shirts for the raffle.
- Bill Kendrick brought a USB scanner as a freebie.
- Nick Schmalenberger brought a VA Linux PS/2 keyboard for the raffle.
- Approximately 45 people attended
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2010 Jan 31 09:19