Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2005.04.18 Meeting Notes"
2005.04.18 Meeting Notes
- Demo - No report.
- Installfests - Chris McKenzie is taking over for Jonathan Stickel
to co-coordinate IFs with Seth Nagao (see below).
- LERT - No news. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need
emergency Linux help.
- Library - No news. Send email to email@example.com if you'd
like to borrow any books.
- Officer Elections - Officer nominees ran unopposed, so a call
for any objects was taken. As there were none, our officers are now:
Additionally, since Jonathan Stickel is now president, he can no longer
co-coordinate Installfests with Seth Nagao. Chris McKenzie has offered
- President ('root') - Jonathan Stickel
- Vice President ('sys') - Ryan Castellucci
- Secretary ('typescript') - Emily Stumpf
- Treasurer ('/dev/null') - Henry House
- Book Raffle - We raffled more O'Reilly books, a Linux t-shirt
and a Davis Wiki t-shirt.
- Financial Report - $??.?? in voluntary dues were
- Philip Neustrom & Mike Ivanov discussed DavisWiki.org.
They explained the concept of Wikis and talked about comparisons to
Wikipedia (people often hear wiki and think of encyclopedia now).
They disucssed how they got the site going. They started with a Wiki
implementation called MoinMoin and enhanced it, and changed things so
much, that they ended up forking the code. They then resubmitted it and
MoinMoin incorporated many of their changes! An important part about
how they started was to lead by example. So after the site was in place,
they invited a few of their friends to do the initial populating of the
site. In this way, they were able to demonstrate to the site visitors
the types of things that could be done within the medium, so when they
opened it up, people had a lot of ideas to contribute.
Their code is being used now for a wiki site in Rochester, NY as well!
- Emily Stumpf Ken Bloom
- Dmitriy Ivanov
- Ryan Castellucci
- Chris McKenzie
- Nick Schmalenberger
- Omen Wild
- Tom Corbett
- Christof Harper
- Leif Harper
- Jessica Harper
- Gary McClinn
- Richard Harke
- Danny Webster
- Jeff Defay
- Philip Neustrom
- Mike Ivanov
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2005 Apr 26 11:49