Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2004.10.05 Meeting Notes"
2004.10.05 Meeting Notes
- Spaceship One has won the $10m X-Prize!
- Demo - No demos scheduled.
- Installfests - There will be two installfests next month;
Saturday, October 9th and Sunday, October 17th. You can volunteer by
emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. LUGOD is receiving some books from
O'Reilly & Assoc.
- LERT - No report.
- Library - No report.
- California Performance Review hearing - CPR recommendation
SO10, 'Explore Open Source Alternatives' has been getting lobbied against.
Henry House from LUGOD was able to give a very short talk at the very end
of the Sept. 27th hearing at UC Davis to show our support for the
recommendation. Some of the committee members came up after to tell us
they were pleased to see the support. Some LUGOD members then took the
opportunity to submit letters regarding SO10 to the CPR committee using
an online form. See LUGOD's 'vox-outreach' mailing list archives for
some of the letters, as well as reports from members who attended the
- Financial Report - $40.00 in voluntary dues were
- Gordon Kruberg, Founder & CEO, gumstix, Inc. - gumstix Tiny Linux
- Photos of this meeting
- Mike Simons
- Daphne Pareas
- Emily Stumpf
- Hans Uhlig
- Ryan Castellucci
- Bruce Wolk
- Marc Hasbrouck
- Tim Allis
- Seth Nagao
- ...and 9 others
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2004 Nov 20 11:13