Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2004.07.19 Meeting Notes"
2004.07.19 Meeting Notes
- A new UC Davis CS club is forming, and Scott Kirkland is
running for president.
- Demo - This month's demo was not scheduled, due to STC.
- Installfests - The installfests have been suffering from ongoing
wireless internet problems in which people's connections are dropped every
10-15 minutes. Since school starts at the end September, there will be two
installfests in October and none in September. LUGOD is searching for an
easily accessible location with Internet access in which to host the
installfests. Suggestions can be emailed to the installfest mailing list,
- LERT - No report.
- Library - No report.
- Davis Community Meals - No report.
- Society for Technical Communcators (STC) Conference -
Unfortunately, the event was completely cancelled! Thanks to the
numerous volunteers who had stepped forward to help!
- LinuxWorld Expo Booth - August 3-5th at the Moscone Center
in San Francisco. LUGOD will be sharing a 10'x20' booth with BALUG and
PenLUG, and possibly members from SacLUG, RoseLUG and SVLUG.
During the event, Kevin Murakoshi and Mike Simons have offered to let people
stay the night their homes in Oakland and Dublin, respectively, instead
of driving to and from Davis each day.
- Picnix13 - Linux's 13th Anniversary Picnic will be held at Baylands
park in Sunnyvale. If you're going to attend, RSVP at
http://www.linuxpicnic.org/rsvp/. Wireless internet
and a ham radio antenna will be provided. No pets or balloons. The
picnic is funded by $1100 in donations from various sources.
- Financial Report - $37.39 in voluntary dues were
- Emily Stumpf
- Mike Simons
- Daphne Pareas
- Richard Harkey
- Eirik Dentz
- Josh Parsons
- Johnathan Stickle
- Scott Kirkland
- Chris Burkes
- Steve Jones
- Dmitriy Ivanov
- Jeff Duncan
- Eric Schultz
- Henry House
- Doug Barbeiri
- Robert Nickel
- ...and 5 others
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2004 Dec 31 10:30