Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2004.03.15 Meeting Notes"
2004.03.15 Meeting Notes
- Books for Iraq event will take place in Mountain View next Friday.
- OpenOffice.org talk at RoseLUG on Monday, March 29th.
- The deadline to turn in claim forms for the California Microsoft
class action settlement has been extended to April 28th. $1.1Bn is
available, and people can claim up to $100.
- Microsoft asked Baystar venture capital to invest in SCO!
- Rumor has it someone in New Zealand spoke with a Microsoft representative
about Linux and was told that there will be "legal challenges" with
- The Computer Science Club at UC Davis is interested in having tables
at the Memorial Union (where other clubs sometimes exhibit) to give out
information and Knoppix discs.
- Demo - The next hands-on Linux demo will be on Saturday,
March 20th from 2pm to 7pm at the Davis Food Co-Op.
No updates to the recently-purchased new demo machine.
- Installfests - The next Installfest will be on March 20th.
It is confirmed that we have the room at UC Davis for the March and
- LERT - No news.
- Library - We're hoping to donate some books from our Lending Library
to the Iraqi LUG at next week's event in Mountain View.
- Whole Earth Festival - The form and payment should be in
the hands of WEF by now!
- Government Technology Conference - No news regarding GTC.
We should get back to them soon.
- Financial Report - $30.11 in voluntary dues were
- Bill Kendrick
- Mike Simons
- Hans Uhlig
- Ryan Castellucci
- Ken Bloom
- Paul Miller
- Gabe Rosa
- Mikal Saltveit
- Richard Harke
- Marc Hasbrouck
- Dave Nelson
- Karsten Self
- Jeff Rousch
- Karsten McCoy
- Dmitriy Ivanov
- Seth Nagao
- Edmun Mendez
- Chris McKenzie
- Tim Schaeffer
- Doug Barbieri
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2004 Apr 07 01:27