Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2003.02.17 Meeting Notes"
2003.02.17 Meeting Notes
- Feb. 24th RoseLUG will be on either Qt.
- On March 8th, RoseLUG will be holding a home networking workshop
in Citrus Heights from 9am to 12pm. RSVP at RosevilleLUG.org.
- Abiword now supports tables!
- Demo - We had a demo this past Saturday at the Davis Food Co-Op.
Bill Kendrick, Mike Simons and Doug Barbieri staffed the event, with
Jeff Newmiller dropping in towards the end. At least 15 people stopped
by, and 5-6 of those stayed a long time and asked lots of questions.
- Installfests - The last Installfest was yesterday.
About 10 people came with 14 or so computers. There were lots of laptops,
and an unusually high number of Debian installs. We had a wireless
access point setup.
The next will be on March 16th.
- LERT - No activity.
- Library - A large collection of books recently donated by
Chris DiBona were finally included into the library:
- TCP/IP Network Administration
- Unix in a Nutshell
- The X Window System in a Nutshell
- X Toolkit Intrinsics Programming Manual (x 2)
- Xlib Programming Manual (x 2)
- X Protocol Reference Manual
- Programmer's Supplement for Release 5
- More Effective C++
- XView Programming Manual
- Motif Reference Manual
- XView Reference Manual
- Effective C++, 2nd ed.
- X Protocol Reference Manual
- OSF/Motif Programmer's Reference
- Java in a Nutshell
- Programming the BeOS (given away at this meeting)
- More Excellent HTML
- Xlib Reference Manual
- Programming Embedded Systems in C and C++
- X Window System Users Guide
O'Reilly donated a copy of their new book, "Linux Server Hacks."
Dave Margolis donated a number of books, as well:
- Programming Perl, 2nd ed. (sold at this meeting)
- Java and XML
- GTK+ in C
- Public Kiosk and Newsbeat - No news. (Still slowly being worked
- Bylaw Changes - Pete Salzman (not present) suggested some
additions to LUGOD's Bylaws. Both additions were accepted without
- Article 2, Section 2, Addition of item vii:
The Mailing List Officer is responsible for:
a. Making sure the mailing lists function smoothly
b. Instituting and enforcing policy and rules of the LUGOD mailing lists
c. Keeping spam and unwanted mailings away from the mailing lists and
the LUGOD Officer mail addresses
d. Fostering an environment where people can feel safe in asking and
participating in discussions in good faith without fear of getting
- Article 1, Section 4, Addition to 1st paragraph:
A person nominated for an officer position may decline the nomination at
any time before the election takes place.
- Financial Report - $32.75
in voluntary dues were collected. $15.00 was spent on the
room at the library.
- Bill Kendrick
- Ryan Castelluci
- Henry House
- Dick Ely
- Harry Souders
- Marc Hasbrouck
- Stephen Helms
- Jeff Rousch
- Foo Lim
- Michael Marlatt
- Doug Barbieri
- Tom Wieglenda
- Will Warriner
- Jeff Newmiller
- Cordell Newmiller
- James Furukawa
- Mike Simons
- Ken Bloom
- Richard Harke
- Dave Nelson
- ...and one other
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2003 Mar 14 22:27