Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2003.01.07 Meeting Notes"
2003.01.07 Meeting Notes
- SacLUG meets on the 9th. Topic: OpenBSD.
- Bill Kendrick will be demonstrating his 'Tux Paint' program at the
Davis Mac User Group on the 9th, NBLUG on the 14th, and Sacramento
PC User Group on the 15th.
- The PC Super Show takes place in Sacramento on Sunday the 12th.
- Central Valley Area Linux Enthusiasts meet on the 14th. Topic TBA.
- LUGOD will hold an Installfest on Sunday the 19th.
- LUGOD's 4-year anniversary meeting will be Monday the 20th. We'll have
free food and cake, and will be watching "REVOLUTION OS."
- Doug Barbieri has completed creating the DVD of Jon 'Maddog' Hall's
talk at LUGOD last August. He was only able to create a DVDRW, and is
interested if someone could try to create a DVD+R out of it.
- LUGOD is looking for a projector! We need one to borrow for our big
meeting on the 20th. We're also interested in purchasing one!
- Demo - There will be no demo in January. LUGOD will be at the
PC Super Show expo in Sacramento on the 12th, instead.
- Installfests - The next Installfest is January 19th.
- LERT - One recent call, regarding using DSL with Linux.
Jeff Newmiller helped them out.
- Library - O'Reilly donated "Managing RAID on Linux."
Libranet donated a copy of their latest version, 2.7.
- Public Kiosk and Newsbeat - KDE 3.1 is due out later this month.
Once it's available, Bill will upgrade and hopefully soon after be able
to put the kiosk box into the wild! It's been suggested we look into
Opera 6, since it has a kiosk mode.
- PC Super Show expo - We have 9 volunteers and possibly 4 or 5
computers that could be brought to the show. We may want to ask if we
can still get a 2nd, adjacent table.
- Bylaw Changes - Henry House, LUGOD's Treasurer (/dev/null)
suggested some changes to the Bylaws to allow for 'Honorary Officers.'
It wasn't accepted as-written, so he'll update it to take into account
people's suggestions, and bring it up at one of the next meetings.
(Probably early February, since the 20th is our anniversary meeting.)
He also suggested the following to be added to Article I, Section 2
(Appointed Officers), at the end of the first paragraph:
Appointed officers shall not be construed as legal agents of LUGOD, and
are not authorized to bind LUGOD into financial or contractual
obligations of any sort.
This change passed with no objections.
- Financial Report - $51.60
in voluntary dues were collected. $15.00 was spent on the
room at the library.
- Bill Kendrick
- Mike Simons
- Henry House
- Eric Engelhard
- Mike Dunham
- Richard Harke
- Seth Nagao
- Doug Barbieri
- Issac Trotts
- Adam B.
- Dylan Nicolle
- Marc Hasbrouck
- Cheuck Wong
- Cordell Newmiller
- Jeff Newmiller
- Bruce Wolk
- Mike Lewis
- Kevin Hooke
- Dave Nelson
- Quinn Hart
- Ken Herron
- Daphne Pareas
- Brian Lavender
- Harry Souders
- Matthew Johnson
- Thomas Pederson
- Ken Murray
- ...and 11 others
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2003 Mar 25 18:59