Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2001.07.03 Meeting Notes"
2001.07.03 Meeting Notes
- Caldera released a new distro, "Open-Linux Workstation" and
"Open-Linux Server", which actually require a license (they bundled
- Compaq drops the Alpha CPU architecture in favor of Intel IA64
- VA Linux bails out of the hardware business
- First bionic person: first artificial heart implant with no external
wires. Entire heart was replaced!
- ED-209 (robot) patrols the halls at Waikato University (New Zealand)
- Debian "Woody" entering 'frozen' state (not as funny as when "Potato"
did). There are four parts of a Debian freeze: Policy, Base, System,
Standard Installs and then the rest.
- Adobe threatens to sue Killustrator (KDE vector-drawing program)
- Demo - The next demo will be July 21st at the Davis Food Co-Op.
Contact Henry House if you'd like to help.
- Installfests - The next Installfest LUGOD will participate
in will be with RoseLUG in Roseville on July 15th.
- Financial Report - $??.?? in voluntary dues were
- Henry House did a presentation on Regular Expressions.
- (Attendance not taken, approx. 30 people attended)
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 24 11:21