Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2001.05.01 Meeting Notes"
2001.05.01 Meeting Notes
- SVLUG meeting May 2nd - Dave Taylor (previously of Crack.com, now of
ID Software) will talk about mobile Linux, Linux gaming, "and other fun
- NBLUG meeting May 8th - Agenda Computing (makers of a Linux-based PDA)
- SacLUG meeting May 9th - RAID
- RFC1149 (networking via carrier pigeons) actually implemented!
- Envisional Ltd. says the recording industry is losing money because of
people downloading different musical rings to their cellphones [!?]
- LinuxPPC founder Jason Haas quits to get a college degree
- TurboLinux / Linuxcare merger collapsed.
- SGI's XFS (journaling filesystem) 1.0 released.
- Microsoft offers incentive (5 Microsoft games, a Fossile watch, and
a grill and lanwchair) to OEMs that report computers being sold without
operating systems [because if they don't get it with Windows installed,
they MUST be pirating it, right!?]
- IBM in trouble for their "Peace, Love and Linux" graffitti campaign
(the people physically doing it used paint, instead of biodegradable
chalk, like they were told to)
- Columbine parents sue video game companies
- Demo - No report.
- Installfests - Next IF will be May 20th.
- LERT - No LERT calls.
- Financial Report - $55.00 in voluntary dues were
- Stephen Anderson and Cheung Tam from the Vovida group at Cisco Systems
talked about SIP, VOCAL and the Vovida.org website, and how they are
working on an open source, open protocol implementation of voice over IP
- Bill Kendrick
- Jen Rutherford
- Mark Kim
- Foo Lim
- Edwin Groot
- Monica Lau
- Eric Mullinix
- Pete Salzman
- Rod Roark
- Joel Baumert
- Lee Welter
- Kevin Murakoshi
- Curtis Duray
- Donald Dunn
- Marc Hasbrouck
- Steve Anderson
- Cheung Tam
- Christine Scobee
- Ian Scobee
- Seth Nagao
- Foo Lim
- Mike Simons
- Rhonda Bailey
- Aleksey Bezdezhskiy
- ... and 3 others
of this meeting
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:25