Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2001.02.19 Meeting Notes"
2001.02.19 Meeting Notes
- LUGOD should look into FreeDOS, Bootdisk.com and Parted for possible
distribution of FIPS or other free partitioning software through LUGOD's
library and via LERT and Installfests.
- Demo - Next demos will be Sat. March 10th and Sat. April 21st
at Borders Books, 2pm-5pm. Contact Henry House if you'd like to help out.
- DCN - LUGOD will be holding an Introduction to Linux class
with DCN at the city labs on Monday, March 5th. RSVP with Richard
Lowenberg of DCN.
- Other LUGs
- Feb. 20th - LUGOD talks at DCTV's "Get the Word Out" TV show.
- Feb. 21st - CVALE meeting (Modesto). Topic TBA.
- Mar. 1st - SVBUG meeting (San Jose). Jef Raskin, author of "The Humane
- Mar. 5th - LUGOD and DCN hold Introduction to LUGOD class.
- Mar. 7th - SVLUG meeting (San Jose). Anne P. Mitchell on MAPS
(spam blocking service).
- Mar. 10th - LUGOD holds Linux demo at Borders in Davis.
- Mar. 14th - SacLUG meeting (Sacramento). Bill Northrup on security.
- Installfests - The last Installfest was Sunday, Feb. 18th.
We helped about 15 people. The Netpliance iOpener didn't show up.
Next IF should be March 18th.
- Financial Report - $42.00 in voluntary dues were
- Debian Disks - Pete gave away a full set of Debian 2.2r2 CDROMs,
plus boot and rescue floppies, to the first person to offer to donate
$15.00 to LUGOD. It was Nicole Carlson.
- WindowsME - Windows Millenium Edition has been proving very
troublesome during LERT calls and Installfests. LUGOD needs to discuss
ways to make sure installing Linux is easy on WinME-based systems.
- Bill Kendrick
- Mark K. Kim
- Joel Baumert
- Jen Rutherford
- Edwin Groot
- Eric Engelhard
- Pete Salzman
- Marianne Waage
- Gabe Rosa
- Melissa Spring
- Henry House
- Nicole Carlson
- John Foster
- Jeff Duncan
- Rod Roark
- Patrick Staight
- Dave Nelson
- Jeff Roush
- Jason Lin
- Jeff Newmiller
- ...plus 5 others
of this meeting
Quote of the Meeting
- Pete Salzman: "He offered me a cup of coffee, but it was Folgers."
Audience: "Did you drink it?" Pete: "NOOOOO!!!"
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:24