Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2000.06.19 Meeting Notes"
2000.06.19 Meeting Notes
- Bungie Software (developers of the Myth series, ported to Linux by
Loki Software) was bought by Microsoft for an undisclosed sum of money.
- The AMD Duron CPU (aka the "Celeron Killer") is out.
- Mozilla adds MNG support (similar to PNG, but animated).
- Programmers from iCast have created an alternative to MP3 named
- IBM announed a PPC-family embeded chip.
- IBM Power-4 prerelease processor- and Power-3 processor-based systems
have booted Linux.
- Demo - We will hold our next Linux demo on July 4th (instead
of the scheduled meeting, due to the holiday).
Plans have been made to hold demos on the 4th Saturday of each month
at the Davis Co-Op. If you can help, e-mail Henry House.
- Installfest - No Installfest was held on June 18th due to
UC Davis being in summer session. We will look into holding installfests
elsewhere until classes start up again. (For example: the Yolo Library
or the Veterans Center, both on 14th Street.)
- LERT - No report.
- Financial Report - $47.27 was collected in voluntary
- Dave Peticolas, a UC Davis Graduate student and one of the core
developers of GnuCash, an Open Source personal finance application
for Unix/Linux (similar to Quiken(tm) for other platforms) demonstrated
the basics of how to use GnuCash, and how it does what it does.
- Henry House
- Carl Yates
- Owen Legar
- Josh Cohen
- Leng Siakkhasone
- Jessica Luedtke
- Remington Stone
- Dave Peticolas
- Jeff Newmiller
- Charlie Krauter
- Mark Smith
- Chris Hillary
- Mike Simons
- Mark Kim
- Steve Baren
- Bill Kendrick
- Bob George
- Micah Cowen
- Joel Baumert
- and a few others
of this meeting
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:15