Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2000.02.21 Meeting Notes"
2000.02.21 Meeting Notes
- UCD HOWTOs - A proposal to create a UCD/LUGOD distribution based
on the HOWTOs committee.
- Tax Exempt Status - The IRS has requested details as to what
percentages of time our club spends on different activities.
- Farmers Market - This committee is being generalized into a
"Demo" committee, since businesses in the community are interested in
having LUGOD use their facilities to demo Linux.
- Ambassador to Other LUGs - No report made.
- DCN - No updates available.
- Linux Demo Day - We were among 150 other LUGs and organizations
around the globe that participated. We demoed Linux at the Davis Food
Co-Op between 10am and 3pm, and at Borders Books and Music between 6pm and
8pm. The Co-Op suggested we do it some time again, but on a Saturday.
Borders also said they'd like to have us again.
- Financial Report - We collected $44.62 in voluntary dues.
- Installfest - The last installfest was Sunday, Feb. 20th.
13 people were served. Most had configuration problems, 8 had complete
installations made. We still need more volunteers to help during IF's.
- GLUE Membership - GLUE membership will need renewal soon. We assume
they'll contact us.
- Mike Simons presented part 2 of a 2-part talk on using GDB, the GNU
- No attendance taken - 31 people counted
of this meeting
Overheard: Rick Moen has complimented us on having the best LUG website
he's ever seen.
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:12