Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 1999.12.21 Meeting Notes"
1999.12.21 Meeting Notes
- PPP How To - No change.
- Davis Community Network - No change.
- Tax Exempt Status - No change.
- Farmer's Market - No change.
- Ambassador to Other LUGs - BALUG meetings Tuesday, Jan. 18th at 7pm.
No topic. Their Dec. meeting was cancelled. SVLUG meets Wed., Jan. 5th at
7pm. No topic. And finally, SacLUG meets on Wed., Jan. 12th at 7pm. No
topic. (Update: The topic will be a newbie-style intro. to Linux!)
- Financial Report - We collected $12.28 in voluntary dues.
- T-Shirts - T-Shirts were finished and available to be picked up
on Monday, but the front pocket logo was partly faded. They were returned
and new shirts are being printed. They should be passed out at our first
- New Location - Our fee waiver request was rejected by council.
However, councilmember Wagstaff suggested that if were were to somehow
get donations of even half of what we were asking, that the city would
most likely match the donation. Also, if we can prove that we have
totally exhausted other possibilities, the city would be a little
more willing to waive or reduce the fee. Finally, a member of the audience
mentioned that LUGOD should contact PG&E, since he ran an Osborne club
back in the 70's, and got the facilities for free.
- Elections - (Update: Nominations were held. All current
officers were nominated for their current positions, and no other nominations
were made. Officers have been elected by pass by consent.)
- Bill Kendrick presented part I of his "Simple DirectMedia Layer" talk.
Lower than usual, due to winter vacation.
- Bill Kendrick
- Mark Kim
- Steve Rinkus
- Micha Rinkus
- Christine Scobee
- Zach Johnson
- Harry Low
- Shuki Hayashi
- Alfredo Lopez
- Douglas Hammer
- Marianne Waage
- Gabe Rosa
- Mike Simons
- Foo Lim
- Drew Parsons
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:11