Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 1999.12.06 Meeting Notes"
1999.12.06 Meeting Notes
- PPP How To - No change.
- Davis Community Network - Nothing new since the Intro. to Linux
- Tax Exempt Status - Nothing from the IRS yet.
- Farmer's Market - We're still looking for someone to take
charge of this committee!
- Ambassador to Other LUGs - December 8th SacLUG will be Rick
Johnson and his firewall tool. CalLUG meets next in the third week of January.
SVLUG meets next on January 5th.
- Financial Report - We collected $22.00 in voluntary dues. Our
account now holds $359.48.
- T-Shirts - T-shirt orders were taken. Shirts will be ordered
- New Location - The City of Davis has gotten back to us. Our
fee waiver request will go to council. We should expect a letter telling
us when it will be on the City Council agenda. We'll ask DCN if they can
make a "letter of recommendation" for us.
- Defendguin - Bill Kendrick showed off his new game for Linux,
- Library Additions - Debain GNU/Linux, Star Office, Using Linux
- all donated by VA Linux Systems.
- Membership Update - Christine Scobee sent e-mails to most of our
~85 listed members asking for verification of information and membership, and
asking for photos and website URLs. 40 responded regarding photos and URLs.
15 wanted updates. 2 wanted to be removed.
- Elections - Due to conflicts with school, elections will now be
held at Daylight Savings changes, instead of summer and winter solstices.
(Passed by consent.) This will begin after the next election (thus
shortening the next term). Nominations are being accepted, e-mail
Jen Rutherford (secretary).
- Mark Kim of LUGOD presented part II of his "C Programming Basics" talk.
Lower than usual, due to the quarter ending soon.
- Pete Salzman
- Bill Kendrick
- Mark Kim
- Tom Trueblood
- Takashi Ishihara
- Ralph Brown (new)
- Jessica Leudtke
- Jennifer Rutherford
- Evan Scarisbrick
- Christine Scobee
- Zach Johnson
- Jeff Newmiller
- Mark Kidwell (new)
- Pete Salzman pointed out "thebunker.net", which is an ISP that will
withstand a nuclear attack.
Photos of this meeting
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:11