Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 1999.08.24 Meeting Notes"
1999.08.24 Meeting Notes
- PPP How To - Beau from UCD IT would like to have us test out our
HOWTO using different systems. They are willing to link to our (as well
as other user groups') "howto"-style documentation.
- Resnet How To - See PPP How To above.
- Tax Exempt Club Status -
The bylaws were passed out. Article 4 of the Constitution has been
striken, as Article 1 of the Bylaws states the same facts, and with more
detail. The bylaws have now been ratified. Both votes were unanimous.
- Farmer's Market - Hans Uhlig has taken over this committee for
- A LUGOD IRC channel has been set up. Connect to channel
#lugod" on the server "irc.lugod.org"
- A new mailing list has been created, "vox-announce". Subscribe by
sending a message to "
with the word "
subscribe" in the body of the message.
- $27.50 of voluntary dues were collected.
- Remington Stone has donated a large number of CD's to the LUGOD library.
- LUGOD Logo - A tiny group met at the meeting early and decided that the
LUGOD watertower logo should have a consistent font for the word "LUGOD",
to help aesthetically improve the image and make less confusion between us
and UC Davis.
- A unanimous vote has decided that we will proceed with LUGOD t-shirts
by creating a web-based order system to determine how many people are
interested in having a shirt. The cost will be calculated, and people
will be charged. Then, t-shirts will be ordered from a printing
shop. (This is due to the fact that we need to be careful gaining or
losing too much money by selling things, to remain a Tax Exempt Club, as
well as the fact that t-shirts cost different prices depending on how
many are ordered at a time.)
- LUGOD has begun talking with the Davis Community Network ("DCN"), who runs
the cities network and provides network access to a number of organizations.
DCN also salvages and refurbishes computers and donates them to schools and
libraries in the county. They're planning on using Linux, and would
appreciate help from LUGOD. (Helpers have been offered free Internet access
- Bill Kendrick briefly demoed the new version of his "BoboBot" game for
Linux, and pleaded for help with art.
- Zach White demonstrated setting up and testing firewalling and
IP masquerading on a Linux box.
- Brian Lavendar
- Rhonda Bailey
- Joe Luna
- Thomas Amsler
- Zach White
- Zach Johnson
- Jessica Luedtke
- Foo Lim
- Remington Stone
- Jennifer Rutherford
- Hans Uhlig
- Gabe Rosa
- John Calhoun
- Aaron Kulick
- Herb Counts
- Jeff Bralley
- Don Root (we're not kidding)
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:03