Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 1999.08.09 Meeting Notes"
1999.08.09 Meeting Notes
- Ambassador to other LUGs - Last week at SVLUG was a presentation on
"Bitkeeper," a sourcecode maintenance system that the Linux kernel will
start using soon. SacLUG will be having a distribution demonstration at
their meeting tomorrow.
- PPP How To - It will be presented to UCD IT during the 2nd week
- Resnet How To - It will be sent to Beau at UCD IT by the next
- Tax Exempt Club Status - The bylaws have been written. We still
need to pay $150 for tax exempt status. A unanimous vote was made in favor
of okaying the expense, once the bylaws are themselves okayed. Member
Bob Scofield will be contacted for help, as he used to be part of the
- Logo Committee - Bill's water tower drawing won with 8 votes. Pete's
penguin was runner-up with seven, and the penguin silhouette and the
bicycle non-drawing were close behind.
- LinuxWorld Expo is this week in San Jose!
- Laser Tag - We may set-up an inter- or intra-LUG laser tag game. It
may be LUG vs. LUG, emacs-users vs. vi-users, RedHat users vs. others or
some other combination.
- Bill Kendrick's Unix/Linux games were published in an IDG Japan book,
- Financial Report- After dues, we have $228.
- Shirt Committee and Farmer's Market Committee are being developed.
- Mike Simons explained the usefulness and usage of the Unix "strace"
- Pete Salzman
- Mark Kim
- Mike Simons
- Nicole Carlson
- Zach Johnson
- Marianne Waage
- Jessica Luedtke
- Jennifer Rutherford
- Remington Stone
- Zach White
- Ryan (visitor)
- Doug Huckaba
- Brian Lavendar
- Richard Henson
- Sam Merritt
- Bill Kendrick
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:02