Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 1999.06.28 Meeting Notes"
1999.06.28 Meeting Notes
We met at LampPost Pizza in Davis. Pete Salzman presented Part I
of his "Shell Programming Basics" talk.
- Tax Exempt Club Status - We have determined that it costs $150.00
(one time cost) to be reviewed for Tax Exempt Status. We will probably vote
on whether we'd like to spend that much to become "non profit..."
- LUGOD Logo - A web-based voting script is being developed.
Unfortunately, it's not running correctly on our website. Mother.com will
be looking into it.
- Ambassador to Other LUGs -
Joe Arruda couldn't attend. Mike Simons filled in. SVLUG doesn't have
a schedule available yet. SacLUG will have a talk on Oracle. BALUG's next
meeting will feature someone from VA Linux Research who has supposedly
"ported Linux to a vaccuum cleaner."
- Pete Salzman, current "root" (Chairperson) of LUGOD, present part I of
his talk: "Shell Programming Basics." We got to test out Bill Kendrick's
cool new AverMedia iMicro device (converts VGA into composite video (TV))
- (No attendance sheet was passed out
10 people attended)
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 14:01