Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 1999.04.20 Meeting Notes"
1999.04.20 Meeting Notes
We met at Steve's Place Pizza.
- Dry erase board - Nicole has a whiteboard we can use once she gets
it to Davis.
- GLUE - Follow-up. Bill will send in money to sign up for GLUE.
- UCD-PPP - A non-text version is complete - they will try to get
it scanned (for the widest audience) and online.
- Finances - $15.45 was collected. Our finances total $51.45.
- SACLUG gets a table at GTC'99
A 3-day convention, May 12-14. Contact Brian Lavendar at
www.brie.com for info.
- LUGOD/OCA Installfest - Rick Moen's page
(linuxmafia.com) has useful info.
Brian Lavender and SLUG have a location. They will be setting a date as
soon as tomorrow. Contact him
- GRASS/GTC - Brian Lavender wants to do a GRASS GIS presentation at
GTC. It could help boost Linux in the mainstream
- Bill Kendrick demonstrated
screensaver for X-Window.
- Mike Simons explained Davis-area reservable room possibilities:
- Yolo Co. Library: Free or $5/hr after hours for non-profits
- City Hall waivers seem possible
- UC Davis: Free rooms, if a campus group sponsors us (like the Comp. Sci.
club or OCA?)
- Davis School District: Rooms are available to non-profits
- Brian Lavender (from SACLUG)
- Tom Trueblood
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2001 Jul 18 12:47