January 6: Social gathering
2013 Feb 16 19:15

Re: [vox] dual boot Linux on a Mac?

I've been seeing quite a few mac laptops lately with people running
ubuntu fullscreen.  It has lots of advantages:
* wifi, sleep, suspend, volume/mute/projector/brightness buttons,
  special keys, audio drivers, 3d graphics, etc will "just work"
* ubuntu makes up for the sad state of OSX for programmers
* then can switch environments in a second if needed
* No concerns about future compatibility problems with every
  new driver/os/kernel update