2013 Feb 11 06:50

Re: [vox] graphic artists

Throwing 2c in.  I suggest using Inkscape.  It has some tools for
analyzing a bitmapped image (like the GIF you have), and creating vectors,
which you can of course scale to practically any size (and make bigger or
smaller bitmaps out of).

I just hit Google with "inkscape bitmap to vector", and the first
couple of links looked good:

  Inkscape Tutorial: Tracing
  http://inkscape.org/doc/tracing/tutorial-tracing.html

  Inkscape Bitmap to Vector Tutorial  [video @ yotube]
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSR_dI1gE4E

  Inkscape Tutorial - Convert Bitmap Image to Vector Image  [video @ youtube]
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlsf3f_YI6s

  Howto: Vectorize images in Inkscape
  http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2008/04/11/howto-vectorize-images-in-inkscape/

Good luck!

-bill!

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 08:06:30AM -0800, jimbo wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Curious to know if there are any members that can clean up an image file for
> me.  I scanned a drawn image and it doesn't look 'crisp' when blown up.
> Just let me know how much you will charge for your services.  The image I
> want cleaned up is this one:
>
> http://evesautomotive.com/logo.gif
> I would clean it up myself but the only way I know how to do this is w/ a
> tablet and I don't have one.
>
> I am also looking for some future professional work on my web site.
>
> Email me or look me up on facebook if you think you can help.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jim
> Eve's Automotive
> http://evesautomotive.com