2013 Jan 11 13:38

[vox] [OT] reffering sites

Greetings ladies and gentlemen:

I have a hosting company host my web site:

http://evesautomotive.com

Anyways, it has what you call CPanel.  It lets me see referring sites as
well as logging/analyzing of traffic and a slew of other unrelated things.
I check to see who is referring me and find a lot of UK sites doing this.
So I go to these sites and find no link to mine, even in source code.  I
have been denying these sites left and right but new ones keep coming.  I
talked to my hosting company, inmotion hosting, and asked why this was
happening but they didn't have an answer.  I chatted live with a  person
which he/she said even the manager didn't know how this was happening.

So here I am asking this group.  I know that some of the smartest minds are
within this group.  My main questions are why are these sites doing this and
how are they doing it?

I understand that no one can know everything.  I am a mechanic for 25 years
and although I know a lot I certainly don't know everything about cars.
Maybe this is  why I got the answer that I did.  At least they didn't BS me.

Jimbo