2013 Jan 09 16:37

Re: [vox] New laptop

The only way I would recommend Dell laptops is with the unconditional warranty for as many years as you plan to have the machine. When I had Dells, that warranty was invaluable. On average I had the screen, power supply, keyboard, bezel, dvd drive, and hard drive all replaced at least a couple times. They ship it to you in a couple days though, so it wasn't that painful.

Still, for a great laptop experience, I can't really recommend anything other than a MacBook Pro. They run UNIX, and if you want an open-source OS, my understanding is that Ubuntu at least runs pretty well on them.

--
Daniel Nelson