2013 Jan 07 11:17

Re: [vox] New laptop

I have a System 76 Gazelle that has served me well. The biggest drawbacks are weight (> 5 pounds), shape (big and clunky), and system 76's drivers are supported on ubuntu only. You can install another distro and most things will work fine, but you might run into issues with the webcam, suspend/resume, and keyboard control for volume/brightness/wireless. I should note though that even though it's a little big, they make good use of the space and the keyboard is more comfortable for me than smaller laptops.

Keeping in mind the above caveats, I recommend at least taking a look at what they have to offer. They make powerful/stable machines at a good price.