2013 Jan 06 08:27

Re: [vox] New laptop

On 01/05/2013 02:32 PM, Carl Boettiger wrote:
My experience with zareason.com has been great.  Pre-installed linux (any flavor).  Small company based in Berkeley with good customer support.  I had a good experience with system76.com from years back but they don't carry as many lightweight models.

I recently bought a desktop and monitor from Zareason and I really like those folks.  I consulted with them before hand; asked some questions.  They were helpful, responsive, and friendly.

They created a dual boot, which for them is rare.  I sent down the Windows 7.  My version of Linux (Xubuntu) wasn't on their list of distros, but they put it on anyway.

If I ever need a new laptop I'll probably go to them.

Bob