[vox] Linux Users' Group of Davis,January 21: 14th anniversary party,with talk by "Hacker Lab" of Sacramento

[vox] Linux Users' Group of Davis,January 21: 14th anniversary party,with talk by "Hacker Lab" of Sacramento

The Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD) will be holding the following meeting:

  Monday
  January 21, 2013
  7:00pm - 9:00pm

Presentation:

  Sacramento's "Hacker Lab"
  Charles Blas, Co-Founder

  Hacker Lab occupies a 10,000+ sq. ft. warehouse in the Sacramento
  grid. The front area has common and co-working spaces for tech
  collaboration, and the back area is a maker- and hacker-space with
  access to metal- and wood-working equipment as well as electronics
  equipment (oscilloscopes, spare parts, breadboards, etc...)

  This talk will be a quick walk down memory lane from Charles' days at UC
  Davis in the mid-90's, and how that experience led him to co-found the
  Hacker Lab.  He'll discuss why Sacramento needs another hacker-space,
  and what Hacker Lab and the Linux Users' Group of Davis can do for
  each other.

Anniversary Celebration:

  This meeting marks the 14th anniversary of the founding of the
  Linux Users' Group of Davis.  To celebrate, we'll be providing free
  pizza, snacks, drinks and birthday cake.  We'll also have give-away
  prizes, including a number of books donated by O'Reilly Media.

This meeting will be held at a special location:

  Veterans' Memorial Center
  Club Room
  203 East 14th Street
  Davis, California 95616

For more details on this meeting, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

or simply:

  http://www.lugod.org/ (and follow the links)

For maps, directions, public transportation schedules, etc., visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/vetcenter/

------------
About LUGOD:
------------

  The Linux Users' Group of Davis is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization
  dedicated to the Linux computer operating system and other Open Source
  and Free Software.

  Since 1999, LUGOD has held regular meetings with guest speakers
  in Davis, California, as well as other events in Davis and the greater
  Sacramento region.  Events are always free and open to the public.

  You can find LUGOD on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lugod/
  and on LinkedIn at: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=35879

  Please visit our website for more details:  http://www.lugod.org/

--