2012 Sep 04 11:19

[vox] Free Bassel

As a reminder to those who attended the Open Clip Art Library talk,
and to those who missed it, our guest speaker Pete wanted to share this:

  Please keep announcing to your members about the campaign to #FREEBASSEL on
  twitter (@freebassel) and facebook https://www.facebook.com/FreeBasselSafadi

  Will you be able to send out some encouragement to sign and support on
  your mailing list and Facebook page:  "I support the immediate release of
  detained software engineer and web pioneer, Bassel Khartabil (Bassel
  Safadi) from detainment in Syria." (http://freebassel.org)

Bassel was the main developer of Fabricatorz's "Aiki Framework", which
powers Open Clip Art Library and other projects.  More on him at Wikipedia:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassel_Safadi

Sent from my computer