2012 Mar 24 16:05

Re: [vox] Linux systems back at Dell

On 03/23/2012 01:11 PM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Dell started selling preinstalled GNU/Linux systems again.

I'm glad to see it from my quasi-paranoid perspective.  As Alex and I
suggested in the thread on the Windows 8 secure boot, it may turn out
that it is up to the OEM's whether Linux will be booted on future
computers.  While the discussion on this topic has been vague and
inconclusive, the worst case scenario may be  that in the future whether
or not Linux will run (other than on VMWare type programs) might depend
on the availability of computers built to run Linux.

Bob