2012 Mar 19 14:13

[vox] Meeting tonight. Attaining Critical Mass with Java EE

[vox] Meeting tonight. Attaining Critical Mass with Java EE

ttaining Critical Mass with Java EE
by
Brian Lavender (me)

Davis Library
315 East 14th Street
Davis, CA 95616

Monday
March 19, 2012
7:00-9:00pm

Come to the meeting tonight. I will be talking about Java EE 6. I have been
digging deep as possible. I think many will find some of the simplicity with
Java EE 6 appealing. Context Dependency Injection and Persistence Units make
making an application a whole lot easier.

I will show both Netbeans, Eclipse for tooling. And then for application
servers, we will look at JBoss and Glassfish. JBoss 7.1 is now Java EE 6
compliant. JBoss 7.1 starts so fast your eyes will spin.

And, we will look at Maven. This topic could be a whole presentation by
itsself.

I have been digging around with EJB. I have some samples with JBoss. I have
an interesting thing to show them using them remotely, but I also have had
issues with building EAR files which creates a library of interfaces for
use with remote execution.

brian
--
Brian Lavender