2012 Mar 14 16:49

[vox] In 2003 Sourceforge nominated JBoss project of the month

[vox] In 2003 Sourceforge nominated JBoss project of the month

Perhaps you are like me, wondering what an application server gives
you. In April 2003, Sourceforge nominated JBoss project of the
month.

http://sourceforge.net/potm/potm-2003-04.php

Some will note that today you can actually use JSF Managed beans and
even Web Beans using Tomcat, so yo don't need an app server for some
things. Plus, JBoss 6 takes forever and a day to start. But, JBoss 7
works a whole lot faster. But, consider this. Have you ever used
procmail to process a script? What if you configured a message queue
and used a Message Driven Bean to process that script?

We will take a look at some of these issues at Monday's meeting.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/