2012 Jan 09 23:29

Re: [vox] ubuntu, java, and processing

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 08:24:33AM -0800, Eric Engelhard wrote:
> > Has anyone used processing+openjdk more extensively?  I'd be interested
> > to hear if it's up to non-trivial usage.
[snip]

> Yes, I should have clarified that it is published APPLETS that I can
> not view such as my own applets as well as those at
> openprocessing.org. I can design locally, but can not view my work
> pushed to my web pages. I am still running Ubuntu 10.04 on my netbook
> and would be very interested if 11.10 resolves this issue, but I
> believe that it does not.

That sucks. I thought Open JDK was a full replacement. I guess it is
not so for applets. I imagine that Debian is the same?

It seemed that when OpenJDK jumped onto the scene, there were lots of
unimplemented things, but then it seemed as if it became the standard.
I guess that Oracle changed the licensing for its JDK for distribution
and I thought that OpenJDK filled the hole.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/