Re: [vox] Who is EFF?

EFF did come and speak to SacLUG way back in 2000 or 2001, I think, so they (at least at that time) seemed willing to travel.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Tony Cratz <cratz@hematite.com> wrote:
On 12/01/2011 11:32 AM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> I have listened to legal staff from EFF speak several times. They operate
> on a minimal budget and do what they do because people believe in a free
> society. If you go to law school today, you probably walk away with a hefty
> financial burden on your shoulders.  So, I give the EFF attorneys a lot
> of credit. They have gone after DMCA[4] , illegal wiretaps [1], promoted
> tools to protect privacy with Tor[2] and HTTPS everywhere[3]. When EFF
> says SOPA is a bad law, I tend to believe them and their analysis. As
> a computer entheusiast, I have to wonder who in this group can question
> EFF with a straight face.
>
> [1] https://www.eff.org/issues/nsa-spying
> [2] https://www.eff.org/torchallenge
> [3] https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere
> [4] https://www.eff.org/press/archives/2010/07/26

       I agree about EFF. In fact I think it would be great if we were
       to invite EFF to speak at LUGOD.

       And Cory Doctorow is also a good writer. If you have not
       downloaded his free E-book "Little Brother" which is under
       the CCL license you should. It is a good read.

                                                               Tony