Re: [vox] What's On the Blacklist? Three Sites That SOPA Could Putat Risk [EFF]

Re: [vox] What's On the Blacklist? Three Sites That SOPA Could Putat Risk [EFF]

I did read the majority of the bill, but as I said, I'm relying on the
EFF's interpretation because I am not a lawyer. Also, I haven't been
talking about liability in terms of fines or later judgments in court.
We're talking about copyright holders having the ability to notify a
potentially copyright infringing company's payment processor of the
copyright infringement, and the payment processor having a period of 5
days to react. One of the ways they might do that would be to suspend
payment processing.

If you have an understanding of specifically how that fits in with the
host showing they've made a reasonable effort to remove the
copyrighted materials (for instance, do they have a period of time
after being notified by the payment processor?), then I'm definitely
interested in learning more about it. Unfortunately that part of the
bill isn't clear to me.

Thanks!
Eric