2011 Nov 29 19:03

Re: [vox] Regarding: "Stop Online Piracy Act" thateverybody screams about...

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 08:41:33PM -0800, Mikies Runs Baal wrote:
> Heya Bill,
>
> Besides me, has anyone bothered to d/l and read the actual bill to find
> out IF and WHAT the hubris is actually about.
>
> Seems to me that the major screamers are the ones hosting porn sites and
> other illegal activities.

Hosting a porn site does not imply illegal activity.

The EFF objection to the bill to me implies that it will unfairly tromp
civil liberties.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/10/sopa-hollywood-finally-gets-chance-break-internet
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/10/disastrous-ip-legislation-back-%E2%80%93-and-it%E2%80%99s-worse-ever

brian