2011 Nov 22 20:47

Re: [vox] Moore's law coming to an end

Haskell is definitely worth a look for parallel programming. In a
nutshell, Haskell separates code with side effects from "pure" code in
a way that isn't possible with imperative languages. When you're
dealing with pure data structures it's actually very easy to take
advantage of parallel processing:
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_5_steps

Most languages support concurrent (multi-threaded) programming, but
that doesn't always translate well to parallel (multi-core)
processing.

-Eric, Haskell evangelist