2011 Aug 30 17:02

[vox] [fwd] [clswest] Sail on over to the Berkeley Marina and jointhe community leadership dialogue

CLS is the Community Leadership Conference (started by Jono Bacon, who
was at Canonical at the time; the main event is generally held at the same
location, and around the same time as O'Reilly's OSCON (Open Source
Conference)).  CLSWest is a local branc-off event that takes place a bit
more regularly, and around the SF Bay Area.  This time in Berekely.

Enjoy!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from erich13 <erich13@gmail.com> -----

Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:17:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: erich13 <erich13@gmail.com>
Subject: [clswest] Sail on over to the Berkeley Marina and join the community
 leadership dialogue
To: clswest@googlegroups.com

   What: Sail on over to the Berkeley Marina and join the community
   leadership dialogue.

   When: Thursday, September 29, 2011 @ 7PM

   Where: OCSC Sailing School San Francisco Bay @ 1 Spinnaker Way, Berkeley,
   CA

   How: sign up at www.meetup.com/clswest/events/30932411

   Act now : Suggest topics, comment on topics, and vote on topics at
   the   CLSWest Idea Board*.  Likelast time that we met, we will prime the
   pump with ideas/topics aheadof time. Emphasis on "we". It's a community
   decision. So... Don't be shy, suggest something that you want to teach
   about, or learn about. This is the unconfererence format, a.k.a. Open
   Space Technology. E xample idea/topic:

     * Organic vs Structured approach to community building, which works
       better? Is it better to let the community decide the structure and
       purpose of the community, or should a structure be built which fits
       the model of the kind of community that you envision working best?

   Note: If you want food-for-thought, check out the topics that were
   discussedat the recent Community Leadership Summit 2011, noted in the CLS
   2011 Wiki** (from the notes for the Saturday and  Sunday sessions).

   Venue supplied by OCSC Sailing School  in the Berkeley Marina.

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer