2011 Jun 18 23:55

Re: [vox] Who thinks Java is cool?

On 06/17/2011 04:32 PM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 07:37:34PM -0700, Bill Broadley wrote:
>>
>> Eclipse is definitely pretty big and heavy, I'd recommend a semi recent
>> desktop/laptop with a fair bit of ram for any serious use.
>
> Eclipse runs well on my Vostro V13n with its 1.3 GHz processor and 4 Gigs ram.
>
> Eclipse is cool in the way that you can edit XML, issue an XPath query,
> connect to any number of databases, edit css, edit web pages, create
> class diagrams by reverse engineering the database using Hibernate tools,
> view the combined entity/class digrams with mappings to each using the
> JBoss tools, good access to Java doc, add a database to your application
> using the Derby plugin, and the whole domain of Java libararies is at
> your disposal through Maven, etc.
>
> Although, I still have yet to make a complete path at using Git with Eclipse.

I did for my android project: EGIT
Then you right click on the project folder or files under it and use the
Team menu to get to the git commit stuff.

Still have to do some things with git via cli but at least commit, push
and pull are there.

If you need more details let me know and I can pull up my notes.

Enjoy,
Alex