2011 May 19 13:13

Re: [vox] What time do the presentations typically begin and end?

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:06:59AM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Bill usually rolls through the agenda quickly and gets to the speaker. You
> could come at 7:30 and risk missing a little of the beginning. But otherwise,
> most speakers continue going until 9pm. I would come at 7:15 if you want to
> miss intros, etc.

We actually got started a little late (which is why, when you walked in
late, Brian, Joel had only just began his talk!) because (1) I got there late,
and noone else had thought to ask the librarians to open the room and start
setting up (lesson learned, I hope? :^) ), and (2) almost everyone in the room
seemed to be having conversations with each other, and I wanted to give them
all a minute to settle in. ;^)

But yeah, typically we start at 7pm on the dot, go through introductions
around the room, do some news & club business, and get the speaker going
by 7:30 at the latest.  When we're at the library, we have a hard deadline
to be completely cleaned up & out of the room at 9pm on the dot, when they
close the library and lock up, so that gives us a good 1hr to 1hr 15min for
the presentation part of the meeting.

FYI!