2011 May 19 13:13

[vox] [fwd] Investigate FCC Commissioner Baker's clear conflict ofinterest.FCC chairman to go to Comcast

Seen on SF-LUG. I have not investigated myself, yet, but thought folks here
might be interested...

----- Forwarded message from Bobbie Sellers -----

Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 14:37:15 -0700
From: Bobbie Sellers
Subject: [sf-lug] Investigate FCC Commissioner Baker's clear conflict of
 interest.FCC chairman to go to Comcast
To: SF-LUG <sf-lug@linuxmafia.com>

Sorry for politics but delete it if it is offensive.

Dear Friends,

Republican FCC Commissioner Meredith Attwell Baker is leaving the FCC to
become a lobbyist for Comcast/NBC Universal -- just four months after
she voted to approve the controversial merger of the two media behemoths.

We need to stop the revolving door of public servants leaving their
government role and cashing in by joining companies they were supposed
to be regulating.

I just signed a petition telling congress to launch an investigation of
the FCC Commissioner's seemingly blatant conflict of interest. You can
too, through the link below:
http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/fcc_baker/?r_by=20926-2466954-cYbYT8x&rc=paste2
<http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/fcc_baker/?r_by=20926-2466954-cYbYT8x&rc=paste2>

    later