2011 May 19 12:20

Re: [vox] Do you use web APIs? I want to talk to you.

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:41:17PM -0500, Kelly Miyashiro wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm Kelly Miyashiro, User Experience Designer/Developer at Mashery, an
> API infrastructure provider.
>
> tl;dr
> Looking for web developers who use web APIs. I am conducting user
> research, which just means I will question and observe while you
> use an API. You will be compensated. Can be done in person or remotely.

I just started working through Wicket framework. http://wicket.apache.org

I like the approach, but I just got started with it. Not sure if I have
the time to spend an hour to discuss it. I have just been following the
"Wicket in Action" book. The issue I have with the book is that the
sample download code is mashed all together.

https://code.google.com/p/wicketinaction/downloads/list

I followed the examples in the book and broke out the pieces into
individual projects (original examples under Apache license). I think
it is pretty cool.

If people want to try my individual projects, download them here.
http://www.brie.com/brian/wicket/

giraffe.zip - The basics structure for the Wicket app. Nothing quite rendered
              on the view yet.
zebra.zip - Add some actual stuff to the view.

In order to use them, you need a java compiler and Maven.

apt-get install maven
apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk

$ unzip <zip file>
$ cd <project>