2011 May 06 15:07

[vox] [fwd] [OSCON] Registration is Open - Alumni Save 30% ThroughMay 10

O'Reilly's Open Source Convention (OSCON) is taking place in Portland, OR in
July.  Some details & such below:

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from O'Reilly Open Source Convention <oreilly@post.oreilly.com> -----

Date: Wed,  4 May 2011 13:03:04 -0700
From: "O'Reilly Open Source Convention" <oreilly@post.oreilly.com>
Subject: Registration is Open - Alumni Save 30% Through May 10
To: pr@lugod.org

If you would like to view this information in your browser, click here:
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z9332d25k1ob01qko3dplf3bcbmnt6d1pg89ptag

===================================
>From Disruption to Default
===================================

What do you do once you've changed the world? Do it again. Once
considered a radical upstart, open source has moved from disruption to
default, driving the Internet revolution and transforming software
development.

OSCON, http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zvs2rj4q4mqo6vgmhne034brhitkoigqveqs6fko ,
brings the innovators, builders, and pioneers of open source together
in an event that explores the latest developments, provides deep
hands-on knowledge, and celebrates the heritage and meaning of open
source.

And if OSCON's 20 tracks and over 200 sessions weren't enough, this
year we're adding two new conferences, co-located with OSCON, focusing
on key areas where open source is driving innovation: OSCON Data and
OSCON Java??. Registration is now open and the preliminary programs
for all three conferences are posted.

Alumni: Register by May 10 and save 30%
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z752cr7f6moef4dkocu15j4b4b07paefdn7v2oi8

If you have attended a previous OSCON or any other O'Reilly
conference, register by May 10 to save 10% more than our standard 20%
alumni discount. Use discount code os11alm

===============================
OSCON 2011 Tracks
===============================

==Business
==Citizen Science
==Cloud Computing
==Community
==Education
==Emerging Languages
==Geek Lifestyle
==Government
==Healthcare
==Javascript & HTML5
==Mobile Platforms
==Open Data
==Open Hardware
==Operations & System Administration
==Perl
==PHP
==Programming
==Python
==Ruby
==Tools & Techniques

See Full Program
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zoh7cfcr0hb0fp2vdeaotkefbibectfanm40mncg

==============================
OSCON Data Tracks
===============================

== Analytics and Visualization
== Hadoop
== NoSQL Databases
== Real-Time and Streaming
== Relational
== Roulette

See Full Program
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zpo8lupmg63o5jjseantqvg4aufvgismmbmm1kl8

==============================
OSCON Java Tracks
===============================

== Client
== Cloud
== Craftsmanship
== JVM
== Server
== Trends

See Full Program
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zpemksnk6mm6dst3hirvaj705o9opd2aki8f6408

Alumni: Register by May 10 and save 30%
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zn2bnejeesugdeldnveejqlba2q334k8e1rm0bao

Challenge your assumptions, fire up your imagination, and kick your
brain into high gear. Join the best and brightest in open source to
share expertise, experience, and inspiration this summer at OSCON.

See you in Portland in July!

Edd Dumbill and Sarah Novotny, OSCON Program Chairs
Sarah Novotny and Bradford Stephens, OSCON Data Program Chairs
Stephen Chin and Laurel Ruma, OSCON Java Program Chairs

==================================
STAY CONNECTED
==================================
Get program updates, offers & freebies

Like OSCON on Facebook -
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zqktins0kagsignqtnoqod6skushpk8co3b1rvo8

Follow OSCON on Twitter -
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zus76valjtlo45n5l830rjcs6nn58pjog0n9q9i8

Join the OSCON group on LinkedIn -
http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zn2oaqpi82kbpc90g0sp791qpshie8vphh4u2n68

==================================
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
==================================
Thank you to Google, 10gen, DataStax, Dell, Facebook, HP, Rackspace
Hosting, WSO2, Media Temple, Heroku, Percona, Puppet Labs, Silicon
Mechanics, SoftLayer Technologies and SourceGear for supporting OSCON,
OSCON Data and OSCON Java.

If you'd like information on becoming a sponsor please contact Sharon
Cordesse at scordesse@oreilly.com.

Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

For assistance, send an email to conf-admin@oreilly.com

O'Reilly Media, Inc. 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA
95472 (707) 827-7000 / (800) 998-9938

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer