2011 Apr 24 06:02

Re: [vox] Good quiet hardware for Myth TV

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 06:35:39PM -0700, Bill Broadley wrote:

> I've seen a pretty large number of working solutions, this one doesn't seem
> terrible for the $:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880101002
>
> Don't expect the world for $25 though ;-).  It does include a (short) usb dongle.
>
> At least one reviewer claims:
> Pros: Works perfectly in linux.

Looks inexpensive. After looking at it, I am thinking that perhaps bluetooth
is a better way to go.

I found this Tivo bluetooth remote with a slideout
keyboard, but it doesn't really seem to work with GNU/Linux.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880610005

> Another:
> Works amazingly in Linux running XBMC.
> I run a linux HTPC and this remote works great for it.
> each button does what it is supposed to do under XBMC.
> Also works with mythtv
>
> Another claims:
> Fortunately I found the free great XBMC remote for my Android phone and you
> should too.

XBMC remote here.
http://xbmc.org/freezy3k/2010/07/13/official-xbmc-remote-for-android/

Now, this looks pretty cool! I already have the MetroPCS android phone
with the slide out keyboard.

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/