2011 Apr 23 21:35

Re: [vox] Good quiet hardware for Myth TV

On 04/21/2011 02:39 PM, Brian Lavender wrote:

> I think I will start with the single box. The multi-box way sounds like
> the way to go, but the project would probably never get off the ground.
>
> What about remote controls?

I've seen a pretty large number of working solutions, this one doesn't seem
terrible for the $:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880101002

Don't expect the world for $25 though ;-).  It does include a (short) usb dongle.

At least one reviewer claims:
Pros: Works perfectly in linux.

Another:
Works amazingly in Linux running XBMC.
I run a linux HTPC and this remote works great for it.
each button does what it is supposed to do under XBMC.
Also works with mythtv

Another claims:
Fortunately I found the free great XBMC remote for my Android phone and you
should too.

Not sure if you have an android widget around, but that sounds interesting.

There are of course nicer solutions for more $.