2011 Apr 01 16:16

[vox] SacLUG and SacJUG to merge!

For immediate release!

SacLUG and SacJUG to merge!

Today we announce the merger of SacLUG and SacJUG. As the two technologies
become more intertwined, the leaders decided to combine efforts and form
a single group. In the last two years, members from both groups have gone
to both meetings. SacLUG will bring to the merger its renowned mailing list
and reviled uptime and reliability. SacJUG will bring its application framework
and bringing a combined website into the 21st century. "The SacJUG website is
pretty good", says Gary McGlinn. Chris Scheuble says, "GNU/Linux just works.
I can install it wherever I like and not have to worry about activation."
Leaders from both groups decided to name the new group something that would
reflect the talents from both: SacLJUG. "I am not sure how to pronounce it,
but when you see it, you won't forget!", says Gary McGLinn. "It reflects
talents from both sides.", comments Chris Scheuble. Along with merger comes
a combined intellectual licensing agreement. Surely, SacLJUG promises
to bring forged innovation in the months ahead!

--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

Professor C. A. R. Hoare